What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Special tyres for Mazda6 and RX8? - J1mbo
A national tyre chain told me my Maz6 needs a certain Bridgstone tyre, in fact a certain compound*. The same goes for RX8, they would'nt sell me anything other than what was currently on the car. In the end I did'nt need the tyre but was I being spun along?

I have always had Fords and they seem to fit whatever band at the time, Good year, Conti etc..

Cheers.

* I had an image in my head of me driving around with a white band around the tyre. In fact, how long before boy racers copy this!!!!??
Special tyres for Mazda6 and RX8? - wmo
I have a Mazda 6. It had Bridgstone tyres fitted when new. Replaced the tyres with Dunlops. No problems.
Special tyres for Mazda6 and RX8? - Hamsafar
Biridgestone do a special version, but you don't have to use that version, or a Bridgestone at all, just like jaguars with the Pirelli P6000*J
Special tyres for Mazda6 and RX8? - Clk Sec
wmo

I've got Bridgestone Turanzas on my Mazda6, but will probably replace the fromt one's shortly. Did you notice any difference with the new Dunlop tyres?

Clk Sec
Special tyres for Mazda6 and RX8? - wmo
The ride is a little smoother (perhaps thats simply down to new tyres) and slightly less road noise.

The Bridgestones didn't last five minutes whilst the Dunlops appear to be wearing better.
Special tyres for Mazda6 and RX8? - Clk Sec
wmo

Thanks for the info.

Clk Sec
Special tyres for Mazda6 and RX8? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Slightly off thread; there is a sensible law in Germany (Is it the same here?) that supplier will only fit tyres to your car with the appropriate speed rating. Can't see it could ever be required to fit a specific brand or compound unless only one firm supplies that size of tyre, in which case you have to buy it.