What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
VW Golf Production Delays? - WipeOut
Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is just an excuse, but my VW Golf has been delayed by out 4 - 6 weeks. I was expecting delivery early November, but now sometime in December. The dealer says that VW has had production problems and all there orders are delayed.

It's a bit of a problem for me as I've organised to return another car, and will now have to reverse this and get an MOT done.

Is this just an excuse, or are other peoples orders delayed? Does anybody know what is going on?

Cheers WipeOut
VW Golf Production Delays? - wantone
have you phoned vw headquarters? vw dealers seem to be rather unhelpful in all respects!!
you dont say what you have on order is it a gti with many extra's or a very good ordinary one?
have you gone the full monty and asked for the r32?
The car is Gt TDI 2.0 4 motion with some options such as dual climate, metallic, beige interior, cruise, winter pack and center armrest.

VW, as you say, aren't been very helpful. Telling me one week before I'm expecting delivery, despite me phoning every week for un update, is far from helpful.

I've got a deposit on the car of £500 and wonder if I'm within my rights to get a refund if we had agreed verbally that the car would be delivered before the end of November. I'm not sure if the supplier has screwed up and is using this as an excuse, but suspect not?

I've seen a couple of the Used VW website which are nearly new, but they all have black interior, which I personally find far to sombre (in fact downright depressing).

I'm thinking also of Volvo XC70 D5 awd, but that is very pricey and I don't need a car that big!

Cheers WipeOut
VW Golf Production Delays? - stevegolf
hang on in,I collected by new Golf-factory order last week having waited 10 weeks,but it was well worth the wait.
VW Golf Production Delays? - daveyjp
When all the parts for your car have been sourced the dealer should be notified of a 'production week' - I was given this about 4 weeks before it was delivered, so if yours is due early December you should be notified soon. The lengthy wait on my A3 2.0TDi was due to the engine availability as production of the units was at full capacity.
This is what I don't understand. Nobody has been able to tell me a production week, and I still don't have one!

Quite frustrating. How can a car manufacture not know when it's going to manufacturer!

VW Golf Production Delays? - stevegolf
get back onto your dealer and push them,my dealer was very good from the order date and kept me fully informed of the progress with actual week number when my Golf would be ready ,I had no complaints at all.
Seems to me your dealer at fault and lazy--call VW direct in Germany if you have no luck .
Let me know how you go.
VW Golf Production Delays? - DAVYR

Hi Wipeout,

My parents ordered a VW Tiguan and were given a November delivery date. They have now been told this morning that Germany are having trouble fitting in right hand drive models down the lines and that the revised provisional date is March next year!!! This raises a question about who pays the extra VAT that will be charged. Apparently this is predominantly affecting Passat and Tiguan models with delays of up to 4 months but all models are affected slightly. They have not been offered any refund of deposit or alternative vehicle and were just given the UK Customer Service phone number - really awful customer service and I can't believe this hasn't hit the press as whe ever heard of a car company who can't actually build cars??? People need warning though as it is a huge problem.

VW Golf Production Delays? - Armstrong Sid

You've commented on a post which is almost 5 years old. I presume the OP will have sorted their problem by now

If you want to know about real delays, search Hyundai ix35

VW Golf Production Delays? - colinh

....or a well-known car magazine's website article on delays with Audi production