What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Car Discounts from the AA - IanT
The AA has now joined the list of dealers selling cars over the internet (they may have been doing it for some time, but I've only just found out about them). Based on a quick survey of their on-line prices, I'm really puzzled about their business plan.

These examples are all OTR, non-metallic, with no options selected and discounts are quoted against Ford's OTR list prices:

Ford Fusion, Series 2, 1.4 TDCI Diesel - Discount £1.18 (that's one pound eighteen pence!)

Ford Fiesta 1.4 LX 5Dr AC Petrol - Discount £30.00.

Ford Focus 1.4 CL 3Dr Petrol - Discount £218.46

Ford Focus Special Edition 1.4 Studio 3Dr - Discount £2,030.00 or £2,021.48 (different prices listed on different web pages). This example is difficult to calculate because the special edition isn't listed in Ford's price list. It seems to have the same spec as Ford's cheapest Focus, the 1.4CL mentioned above, so I've assumed it's worth the same - list price £10,645.00 and AA price £8,615.00 or £8,623.52.

So what a mixed bag.

Look them up for yourself on www.theaa.com and then click on "Find a car" and then "New Car Search".

The AA says, "All new cars are supplied from within the UK, to UK market specifications". I suppose this implies they are not imports, but the wording is just vague enough to allow them to source their cars from non-main dealers, if they chose.

Ian
New Car Discounts from the AA - Bilgewater
I purchased a new Citroen BX from the AA car buyers club back in 1988.
They gave a 10% discount and delivered the car to my house on a transporter.

New Car Discounts from the AA - Blue {P}
The Focus Studio is probably sold in the Republic of Ireland, I bet it's an imported model...

Trade Sales were selling, and I think still are selling Focus models that aren't available in the UK, I don't have a problem buying imports, but there's no way that I'd buy a non-UK varient, can you imagine the problems with insurance?

Blue
New Car Discounts from the AA - DavidHM
Yeah, but

a. Tesco, Direct Line, Liverpool Victoria and others have some imported variants on their books - they give you a drop down menu to choose which model when I was looking for my parents' Focus Flight

b. A Studio is a 1.4 LX three door sold at a lower price (£10k list as against £11150 or so) and can be had for a lot less than that again