What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV 2014 - Tyre Deflation Warning - past_it

Hi All

The Tyre deflation warning came on whilst driving down south on the A1, at the first opportunity I stopped and checked the tyre pressures, all OK.

I reset the alarm after wading through the hand book (and YouTube) and the next day after about 30 minutes the alarm came back on again.

The car is nearly new the tyres are in good condition and the tyre pressures are correct, any ideas before I ring up the Honda garage.

What method does Honda use for detecting tyre pressure?

Thank you all for looking.

Honda CRV 2014 - Tyre Deflation Warning - Bolt

Do you have a spare wheel,spacesaver?, I think they work on balance if pressure is reduced in one tyre it puts tyre out of balance.

A puncture made mine come on

Honda CRV 2014 - Tyre Deflation Warning - RobJP

First thing to do : when the car has been sitting for a while (2 hrs +), check the tyre pressures. Checking and adjusting with warm/hot tyres is a waste of time.

To explain, think of it like this. Three of your tyres are (at cold) at their normal, recommended pressure. After driving for an hour or so, they have warmed up, the air inside is also warmer, so pressures are higher.

One tyre is low on pressure. When you drive, that tyre (due to underinflation, more tyre in contact with the road) warms up more than the other 3 do (due to higher friction). So the pressure increases more than the others.

So when you check your pressures with the tyres 'hot', the difference is less/non-existent.

Honda CRV 2014 - Tyre Deflation Warning - Bolt

bear in mind the spare is linked to the system as well so it could be that thats low?