Golf 2008 - 2.0 TDI Diesel - Spark Plug Light and Limp Mode - Recurring Issue - axelf45

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, hope you can help.

Purchased my Golf in April with a 3 month warranty. It has done around 110000 miles with full service history.

First couple of days the car was superb but all of a sudden I had a coolant fault and it needed topping up. This happened a few times and was took back to dealer. They replaced the EGR cooler and a resistor (resistor for the air con which was separate).

Then the main problem occurred. Randomly the glow plug warning light would come on and the car would go to limp mode. We have noticed this is when we go up hill and on fast roads. Been back to the garage on a few occasions now. They give me it back saying fixed but then the same issue would happen. To date they have replaced a Gasket, Vac Unit and a Hose. The last time it was in, it was there for over 3 weeks. I am over my warranty (felt like a ploy for me not to drive the car so that it passes the warranty date). To there credit they have it back in and are now fitting a turbo actuator which they are positive will work.

Anyone else had similar issues or know what it could be.

We feel like they were hoping the fault would not come on till after the warranty but maybe we are just been paranoid

Cheers

Golf 2008 - 2.0 TDI Diesel - Spark Plug Light and Limp Mode - Recurring Issue - elekie&a/c doctor
Turbo actuator and/or sticking vanes are common fails on these . m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu0UGKS7-JQ
Golf 2008 - 2.0 TDI Diesel - Spark Plug Light and Limp Mode - Recurring Issue - galileo

The fact that the fault occurs on fast roads and up hills is probably as elekie doc suggests, sticking turbo vanes or actuator.

If the previous owner never used full throttle, carbon would build up at areas the vanes did not move to to sweep it off. When you then demand full power the vanes can't move freely to the 'full power' position and it throws the fault code.

Golf 2008 - 2.0 TDI Diesel - Spark Plug Light and Limp Mode - Recurring Issue - axelf45
Thank you guys

Hopefully that next fix sorts it out. Saves me kicking off with the garage as they seem as though they are trying