What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - dipped headlights need replacing - suggestions - MikeTorque

What dipped beam headlights (H7) have you found give the best ratio of light onto the road ?

I need to get them changed on the Focus, the garage can fit & realign them but I wanted to ask for your opinion on what you have found works best.

A couple of popular makes come to mind :

(1) Osram Night Breaker Plus 90%
(2) Philips X-treme Vision +100%

Anyone tried Ring XENON Ultima +120% ?
If so how do they compare with the above two popular makes ?

Thanks.

Ford Focus - dipped headlights need replacing - suggestions - RT

I've used Philips Xtreme +80% on the last three cars - they're excellent - I've never done a comparison myself.

Ford Focus - dipped headlights need replacing - suggestions - ianhad2

Go to Auto Express's site, Product review of bulbs, not lights.

Don't let a garage align them, they are not accurate enough.

Find a long desserted road, cover one lamp at a time and adjust to suit.

Ford Focus - dipped headlights need replacing - suggestions - MikeTorque

Go to Auto Express's site, Product review of bulbs, not lights.

Don't let a garage align them, they are not accurate enough.

Find a long desserted road, cover one lamp at a time and adjust to suit.

There are legal requirements for setting a vehicles dipped beam. Using a long desserted road may provide the driver with the best light but it's more likely to cause other drivers to be blinded by incorrectly set dipped beams.

My garage is able to set up the dipped beams correctly and I can tell the difference if a beam isn't set properly either too low or too high, however, setting the main beam to the legal requirements needs the right type of equipment which I don't have. When fitting a new set of dipped bulbs of a different type to the existing bulbs the beam may be ok but I want to make sure they don't dazzle other drivers.