What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2001 Civic type R misfire - Wanted knowledgeable Honda garage - CPochin

My 2001 Honda Civic Type R went onto 3 cylinders, and I took it to Howards Honda Taunton, who charged me £120, and said they had not a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I complained to Honda UK, who were not interested, and offered a FREE 1/2 hour back at useless Howards. The problem is no fuel pulse to cylinder 1. The injector is fine, and squirts if fed from the cables for cylinder 2, and the cable to cylinder 1 will not trigger the injector for cylinder 2, so the problem must be in the lack of an electrical pulse to the injector of cylinder 1, which I can demonstrate easily.

Hendy Honda, Exeter, my next nearest Dealer, have told me they would repeat the unsuccessful diagnostics done at Taunton, so I am not confident of a good result.

Does anyone know of a knowledgeable garage/ electrician, who would tackle this problem. I am willing to put the car on a trailer, and take anywhere in UK.

Regards Charles.

2001 Civic type R misfire - Wanted knowledgeable Honda garage - injection doc
There are some known issues with these and have come across similar instances before. i will need to check my notes over the next day or so but seem to remember an oil pressure problem also causing this issue to do with a pressure relief valve in the head. i will look into it further if I can find my notes. I had similar problem with accord type R and it had been to several garages first!
You have to remeber if the ECU thinks no1 cyl is misfiring to reduce emissions it shuts down that cylinder so you won't get an injection pulse. Has someone scoped crank & cam signals to ECU to see if there is a glitch ?
2001 Civic type R misfire - Wanted knowledgeable Honda garage - injection doc
I can only reiterate what i mentioned in the last post, i would have the oil screens checked for blockage incase the Variable valve timing is sticking due to blocked screens causing a misfire makeing the ECU shut down a cylinder to reduce emmisions.
You will need a Honda Expert to check the ATC & VVTC system for function.
You should be able to find a specilist somewhere if you don't nwant to go to honda
2001 Civic type R misfire - Wanted knowledgeable Honda garage - jj74
Hi, my civic type r 2003 vetec was not kicking in then it did parked car up and in the morning started it but cut out after 5-10seconds and had a miss fire on cylinder 2, I have changed the cam and crank sensors cleaned all the earths replaced ecu checked the timing and still the same, swapped injectors around still the same and coils, would this miss fire cause the ecu to shut the engine down? I have also done a compression test and all is good only fault code was misfire detected in cylinder 2. Any idea please? Thanks