What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Motorpoint, any experiences ? - cheddar

A respected and reputable company these days?

We have seen a car advertised at a fair price and they have offered a fair p-ex over the phone.

The deal seems to be that we pay a deposit and then make arrangements to collect the car though we can cancel the deal if we are at all unhappy with the car upon inspection.

One frustration is that while the car might be advertised as, say, £9999 they add £87.13 prep fee on every deal, why not build it in? Additionally if the car is at a Motorpoint branch other than your local one they charge a delivery fee of £50. It is unclear to me whether these two fees are refundable if the buyer is unhappy with the car upon inspection.

Any experiences, comments?

Thanks.

Ford Fiesta - Motorpoint, any experiences ? - Falkirk Bairn

I bought brand new Cyprus import 2.5 yrs ago.

Visited site, got £1900 for my car (others offered £1500-£2100), knocked £500 off screen price, asked for tank of fuel + mats - we do not sell fuel or mats (£50 for fuel+£35 for mats added to T/I).

Delighted with the deal and the car has been perfect - shafted by 2 x Nissan dealers for servicing but this year's dealer seemed a lot more honest.

I would not buy remotely car with a trade-in - sitting down arguing the toss could save hundreds. Buying without a t/i is much simpler and achievable on phone.

Ford Fiesta - Motorpoint, any experiences ? - cheddar

Thanks FB, actually they have a relevant car at the site nearest us so I will visit before putting a deposit down, as you say more haggling opportunities.