What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Recalls and insurance - TedCrilly
Been a few recall campaigns lately to say the least and my question relates to the issue of liabilty. Does the fact you as an owner being aware of a potentialy, albeit very slim, chance of an accident as a result of your car having an inherent fault cause blame on your behalf?? Toyota recently issued a press release confirming along with the ABI that cover on their affected vehicles would not be affected. Does this set a precident and can we assume all cars from all makers subject to recall will not have their cover affected. The subject is being raised as a result of Mrs C`s Grande Punto being one of the 56,000+ subject to a check on the integrity of its steering column....ooohh they kept that quiet didnt they haha??

This issue has just occured to me and I will be speaking to my insurance provider in the morning but in the interim I will be interested in any comments.
Recalls and insurance - AlanGowdy
The subject is being raised as a result
of Mrs C`s Grande Punto being one of the 56 000+ subject to a check
on the integrity of its steering column....ooohh they kept that quiet didnt they haha??

Yup - had mine done a couple of weeks ago. I believe the issue was a nut or bolt not being tightened to the correct torque setting.