What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
06 2.0D Electrical Problem? - stephend7575
Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me with a recent problem. I've owned the car from new without any real problems until recently. I haven't used the car since before Xmas but for the last three journeys the main beam light has come on without reason with different effects. First time main beam and ABS light came on for about 3/4 minutes and then went off, second time when the windscreen wipers were switched on they froze mid screen with the main beam light on. Today same thing happened, wipers froze mid screen and the main beam light on, then after everything went back to normal for a short while; after a short while the main beam light came on again this time with flashing red and amber lights on the dashboard and a message saying that cruise control was not working. The engine also felt lumpy and under powered, at this point I?ve driven the vehicle home and left it!

Has anyone any idea what?s happening, any help would be appreciated

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/02/2010 at 00:25

06 2.0D Electricial Problem? - Peter.N.
The fact that you havn't used it for a while may be a clue, if the electrics get damp they can throw up all sorts of false indications. Take it on a long run if you can when it dries out it may be OK
06 2.0D Electricial Problem? - audiA6tdi
i have a problem when i start the car sometimes the dipped beams are on. the car does not have auto headlights and this happens in the day and night. probably about 3 times a month.
my car is an 05 reg.
06 2.0D Electricial Problem? - Falkirk Bairn
i have a problem when i start the car sometimes the dipped beams are on.
the car does not have auto headlights and this happens in the day and night.
probably about 3 times a month.

Bad Earth throws up all manner of odd electrical & damp weather does not help.
06 2.0D Electrical Problem? - stephend7575
Many thank for your for you input Guys, the car seemed to to run OK today so perhaps it was down to dampness after all!
06 2.0D Electrical Problem? - Robin the Technician
May be down to just lack of use. I suspect the battery was low and this can siometimes cause problems with the electrics. However I'm glad to hear all is now well. If it does happen again, check the voltage of the battery - it could just need charging.

Robin the Technician