What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2003 1.0 Keyed car - DP
Look around for an independent bodyshop who will often be hundreds cheaper than a main dealer. As this is a paint job rather than a crash repair / panel replacement, the non genuine parts thing isn't an issue.

Bodyshops don't work cheap. To get the rear quarter and door repaired after a keying incident on our old Fiesta Zetec-S, cost £650 at an indie bodyshop seven years ago! I took it down there with a view to paying for it myself, and ended up sticking it through on the insurance after I got the quote.

2003 1.0 Keyed car - Saltrampen
If only the surface lacquer is scratched you could repair it your self....IF the paint has been scratched down to primer or metal then probably best left to bodyshop.
But try those outfits who "fill" then just spray affected area with no major rubbing down and see what they say...if they can do it they will be cheaper...they normally do single scratches (as suggested in link above)

Edited by Saltrampen on 19/01/2009 at 07:40

2003 1.0 Keyed car - Paul G1pdc
let me know how you get on, with chips away we have a local chap to us at work I might get in to sort out a couple of little problems with mine....
with regards to keyed cars....
when i had my fiesta RS turbo, it was keyed twice in 9 months,,,so i sold it...
it was fitted with alarms, and everything else you could imagine to make it harder to pinch but that doesn't stop these kids damaging the paint.
in the end i used to take the car to a recommended spray company who used to let there sprayer use the place on saturday mornings and work on cash in had jobs!! cough cough.....no recept....etc....(this was 15 years ago)
the areas where then rubbed back to metal and built up and then the paint was baked.
it was said that if the kids that keyed the car really did a good job it can leave a dent in the metal.
after that car I bought a Golf and had no more problems...it just makes me angry that you work 5-7 days a week to pay your taxes/bills etc and run a "nice" car and someone doesn't like it.....
rant over
paul.
Wife drives a 9 year old volvo v40 and had the wheel valve caps pinched (all 4) last week at the supermarket....