What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Zafira Roof Rack - Jonah
I have a Zafira on a 56 plate with the panoramic roof option and now I wish t add a set of roof bars to carry the children?s bikes. I already have tailgate bike carrier so I need to explore this option. Has anyone purchased a set of roof bars for a Zafira with this option and if so could you tell me which set? The middle section of the panoramic roof is about 2 cms above the level of the roof rails so there is a clearance issue that I am concerned about.
Thanks
Paul
Zafira Roof Rack - Brian Tryzers
I'd suggest consulting your dealer's parts desk first. I wouldn't think you'd have a problem - the roof bars for both our rail-less cars (Volvo and Toyota) have more like 50mm of clearance from the centre of the roof. In any case, my experience is that you pay about the same for manufacturer-branded items as for the likes of Thule - and the quality is comparable, since I think my Volvo bars are made by Thule anyway - so that's what I'd be inclined to do.