What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Good economy or something wrong... - Xileno {P}
Had to go up to London for the day yesterday and as SWMBO is away until September I took her car, the Focus 1.6 Zetec I bought a short while ago for her. This car seems to get a bit of criticism regarding economy but I am not so sure. Usually on a mixture of A and B roads involving lots of bends, hills and gear work I get 36MPG - and I don't hang about.
However I filled the tank with unleaded on Sunday morning and reset the trip computer. I drove at a steady 65 - 70 MPH, operating the loud pedal very gently. Did a very small amount of slow traffic driving in Chiswick then headed back later in the day. No hold ups. The trip computer was saying 47 MPG when I got home.

I think that's very good. And the Zetec VCTi or whatever it's called is an absolute peach.

Good economy or something wrong... - MikeTorque
Your figures sound about right for the type of driving you're doing with the standard 1.6 100ps.

The VVTi is really sweet to drive although in day to day driving there is little between it and the 100ps although its fuel economy is slight better.

Edited by MikeTorque on 03/06/2008 at 00:29

Good economy or something wrong... - MVP
We often hire Focus's when on holiday in Cyprus.

I have notices a massive difference in economy between town/high speed driving , and driving mostly in the 50-60 mph range, where at tank seems to last forever.

Mark

Good economy or something wrong... - LinuxGeek
Your figures sound about right for the type of driving you're doing with the standard
1.6 100ps.
The VVTi is really sweet to drive although in day to day driving there is
little between it and the 100ps although its fuel economy is slight better.

Have they got Toyota VVTi engine or Ford has named their own engine VVTi?
Good economy or something wrong... - MikeTorque
I should have said Ti-VCT rather than VVTi, sorry about that, it's Fords own version of the VVTi.

The Ti-VCT was available in the Focus II but is not currently available in the Ford Focus III, it is now available in the new Mondeo in two power variants.