What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - hemi addict
Bought this car in Feb 2007, boy this is a great buy !! 5.71 350BHP Awesome, Boy racers in their Honda type Rs - No chance HONDA TYPE Rs No Chance, absolutely brilliant car, manual says 150mph Ignore this 175!!. Book SAYS 0-6- 6.5 Ignore this 5!!

What a Car!!!! I am looking to set up a 300 Owners Club in the UK. Anyone interested please mail me at Info@in-signs.co.uk

Julian Hatton (Sth Manchester)

Business Number 0161 973 1111

Shouting amended ! Subject line tweaked as well - PU (Thanks to the member that also pointed this out as I was trying to hide the post to edit it. )

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Geordie1
'hemi addict'...

Just wondered if you were aware that the 5.7 is no longer available to the UK market and that the only hemi powered model marketed here is the 6.1 SRT-8.

Also, there is a forum for UK 300C enthusiasts via the international forum at www.300cforums.com which has a vibrant UK section.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Collos25
Hope you do not appear on a road near me 175mph snip - insult deleted - DD
300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - OldHand
Andy how do you know he hasn't speed tested his car on a track or airfield? Maybe you should think first, engage typing fingers second.

I hate 'speed kills' numpties.
Because if he had he would have said so,in a land with a 70mph speed limit its just a little over the top would you not say.
300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - OldHand
First he hasn't admitted to breaking any laws. Second a 70mph limit is a little ridiculous yes but we all have to live with it or take the consequences.

I admitted on this forum to having driven in excess of 150mph on UK roads. However I did this completely legally but I didn't explain how or as you put it 'I didn't say so'.

As I keep saying high speed in itself isn't dangerous it's innapropriate speed that has more potential for problems.
300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Sprice
Because if he had he would have said so

Why would he have said so then Mr.Meldrew?????
300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Vin {P}
"Book SAYS 0-6- 6.5 Ignore this 5!!"

Wow, you should sell your superhuman services to Chrysler - they're always looking for quick 0-60 times, so someone who can shave nearly 25% off their best time is sure of a job.

V
300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Aprilia
Hmm. Interesting post. Gives his name, business info and car details on a public forum. Might be worth the mods deleting that for his own safety. If its genuine then the guy seems to be a potential organ donor (although I can't see their being much demand for the brain!).
300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Chrysler 300C Store

We have networked with quite a few 300C owners in the UK before setting up our online store, as we are a chrysler breakers by trade.

Please advise if there is anyway we can support you in setting up a UK club!

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - 832ark

I'd love to see the proof that this will do 0-60 in 5 secs. Its a big fat heavy barge at the end of the day. A whopping 1910kg and 335bhp according to my sources. I'll take a proper Civic Type R with 1090kg and 185bhp of screaming 1.6l VTEC over one of these every day of the week thanks

Edited by 832ark on 23/08/2011 at 16:35

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - unthrottled

Those high RPM screamers are as dated as the Chrysler 300C. Both deserve to be consigned to the dustbin of automotive red herrings.

>Those high RPM screamers are as dated as the Chrysler 300C. Both deserve to be >consigned to the dustbin of automotive red herrings.

I have to disagree, they're beautifully engineered and unburstable with unrivaled specific outputs. Modern engines seem to be designed purely for economy and for the cheapest possible price whilst overcomplicating things as much as possible so repair costs are massive. I'll stick with 90's VTEC please, economical when you want to be and mental when you don't.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Ethan Edwards

I agree the 300c is a bit old fashioned but from a pure driver comfort perspective, I prefer a smooth powerful QUIET engine everytime. I don't want a screaming 'banshee' under the hood with Quad 18inch bad boy exhausts, more wings than a biplane and ten megawatt hifi install.. Not my cup of tea at all.

Sadly given the price of petrol I choose...neither. I'll stick to a el boggo standard regular 16v engine. But If I had unlimited cash....big V8. Mind you I'm old. Todays xbox generation prefer the screaming banshee. Same with motorbikes. I like big bikes..you don't hear them on the road (unless they want you to), small howling bikes you can hear three miles away. It's a choice thing. It's all good.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - jamie745

Im a big fan of the Chrysler 300C, i think its a fantastic car. Its massive, looks like a Mafia families fleet car and its cheap. Most 300C's in the UK are the 3.0CRD and its a brilliant car, im not a fan of a diesel but you dont buy a 47 tonne saloon for outright performance do you. Half the price of a top spec 7 series and far less annonymous. On the used market they're a fantastic depreciating bargain, the 5.7 V8 especially despite there not being many for sale. I cant think of anything which offers quite that much luxury and an image like that for that sort of money. Ok the Yanks have skimped on quality in some areas, the suspension is typical wollowy American, the interior is Toys R Us plastic etc. I love the looks of it, that steroid-Bentley look, a car not designed to protect pedestrians but to scare them out of the way instead.

Fantastic car.

I don't want a screaming 'banshee' under the hood with Quad 18inch bad boy exhausts, more wings than a biplane and ten megawatt hifi install..

Yeah, everyone who has a VTEC has all this stuff right. Shows you clearly have no understanding of this type of car (and nor infact do the idiots that put massive stereos and body kits with huge wheels on to such cars.) These cars are about raw, focussed driver involvement or they were until the 2001 Civic Type R came along which is just mass produced rubbish (S2000 excepted). Clearly they're not going to be everyone's cup of tea or suit everyone's driving style and they quite bumpy/noisy but they feel alive, you feel connected to the road rather than just twiling a wheel which may or may not somehow be connected to the front wheels.

I was perhaps a bit harsh saying the 300 should be consigned to history. The styling is subjective so it can't really be objectively criticised althoughI think that the high belt line makes it look like a 30s rat rod gone wrong!

But it's reported to have quite a crude suspension and construction. Perhaps they just priced the car too low. I bett he SRT ones are a blast though-although the styling makes conventional ones look subtle.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Armstrong Sid
Some time ago I read somewhere these things described as a Builder's Bentley.
Says it all.

I thought that accolade belonged to the Austin Sheerline!

Old type Mercedes E class under the skin marketed under the lancia name in mainland europe,horrible to drive difficult to park economical why not just buy a new merc and have a proper car.

An Austin Sheerline probably handles better and certainly is more interesting.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Avant

The Sheerline was a fine example of a generation of post-war Austins which were way ahead of mass-produced rivals and cheaper than the premium brands such as Bentley.

Here's a picture of a Sheerline - complete with lovely old Great Yarmouth registration. They registered so few cars there that they were still on the two-letter / four-number combinations into the 1950s.

That has a grace about it that the 300C could never match. If the Philistines in the Old Testament had had cars, a 300C is what Goliath would have driven.

http://tinyurl.com/3g56wt8

Edited by Avant on 23/08/2011 at 23:55

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - jamie745

The 300C wasnt designed to have grace, it was designed to be in your face. A steroid pumped 4 door muscle car. Slightly vulgar but vulgar is good. You can spend three times more on a Mercedes which nobody will notice, or save some cash, sacrifice some technical superiority and roar round in a big bad American beast.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - bananastand

I remember a letter in Autocar I think it was, no tell a lie.... anyway, some chap had bought a big petrol 300 and was bemoaning the fact that he could not get a single bite when he tried to flog it. Not even the canvassers bothered him!

I sat in one recently (a diesel) because it was on my list of possibles, but whereas the outside excited me, the inside left me flat.

I will admit though you can get a lot of 300 for your pennies.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - Ethan Edwards

and I doubt you have full bike licence. For if you did you'd realise that in 0-60 performance terms 99.9% of cars (once you've experienced the raw power of a one litre plus big bike), will leave you deeply deeply underwhelmed sorry but yes even your Vtec will.

Ditto involvement - not a patch on a bike.

Once you've done all that all you'll want from a car is comfort. which a big lazy V8 has in spades.

300 5.7I Anyone interested in an UK Owner's Club ? - ladyreb

You are so right....

Edited by Avant on 25/08/2011 at 00:46