What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Mk 4 Diesel Clutch probs - bionicruth
Hello all,
I need a few wise words of advice. As stated above, I am the owner of a "P" reg fiesta and I have a strange intermittent clutch pedal problem.

It changes gear fine but the pedal doesn't return itself properly, I have to help it the last half an inch with the end of my shoe. The real problems occur in rush hour traffic, where I discover that if I do not take my foot off the clutch completely every time I pull away, it returns less and less until my foot is on the floor, clutch completely deployed yet I can't get it into gear (or out of it .. which is interesting when you are trying to get out of a parking space in reverse!) unless I turn off the engine, put the hand brake on and flick the pedal all the way back up with my foot.

Bizarrely it keeps "fixing" itself, working fine for days then doing it again.
Obviously there is something going wrong somewhere. Checked the fluid which seems fine. Would bleeding the system work? Could it be air in the system? Or am I looking at a new clutch and if so does anyone have any idea how much it's going to cost to have a new hydraulic clutch put in.

Cheers guys and gals
Ford Fiesta Mk 4 Diesel Clutch probs - yorkiebar
Sounds like the bearing is pushing through the cover of the clutch and its only a matter of time before it goes through and doesnt come back.