What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
What's my car worth? - Pat L
I am hoping to replace my wife's BMW with a new Passat and am finding it difficult to assess its value as a private sale. I don't really want to trade it in (probaly not possible anyway as I'll buy through a broker) and I think I have someone locally who is interested. So your views on the car's value would be gratefully recieved.

BMW 318i SE Touring 1998 S reg, metallic green, velour interior, sports suspension, Mtec steering wheel & gear knob, cargo net, heated locks, radio/cd, good condition (one or two small rust patches on front wheel arches),.. and 175,000 miles on the clock I am second owner. Full service history (non-BMW for last 40,000 miles) MOT until end of August. No known problems.

I have tried a couple of on-line valuations but these seemed a bit unrealistic, even when adjusted for mileage.

Cheers

Pat
What's my car worth? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Unrealistic High or unrealistic Low?
What's my car worth? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Some clues here

tinyurl.com/r76z8

AS - unrealistically high! Though I'm not sure!

The blue 318td on ebay is a lower spec and older vehicle than mine but it'll be interesting to see what it sels for.

Thanks.
What's my car worth? - Altea Ego
I have seen lower mileage ones on at 4.5 - 5k
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
I've looked on the autotrader website and similar cars seem to be offered at 2-3k. This seems a bit high to me, as I was considering selling it for approx 1.5k (or less). I bought it almost 4 years ago for 5,700.

Any other opinions?
What's my car worth? - cdbr
It is a diesel though. Try and reverse the thinking - what would you pay for your car if you wanted a run around? It's mileage and age override any extras, colour used to be wanted, now it is old hat - most likely buyer is an exporter/clocker/wannabee poser.

I sold on ebay recently and got double what I would have taken, fees are cheap as well, that would be my first port of call, you could have it on the market tonight. Autotrader is history IMHO.