What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Passat diesel pump recall - carman
Hi all

Just bought my first Passat, an S Estate TDi 130 '05 reg and picking it up on this week from the VW dealer.

Read on the Forum about the recall (ref R/2004/211) concerning the possible breaking of diesel pump-cover bolts and subsequent fuel leak.

How can I tell, besides asking the dealer, if this car has had the recall? Will it be marked in the service book? Anything else I should be looking for before handing over the balance? All seems to be OK to my eyes, but you never can be 100% sure!

Thanks all
Passat diesel pump recall - LeePower
If your getting it from a VW dealer they will have checked for any re calls before they let you pick the car up.

You can always ask them if it needed the re call

Passat diesel pump recall - carman
Thanks LeePower.

Obviously the right thing to do. Would like to think there's some way the recall is recorded where the owner can see it rather than just the dealership knowing - at the least it would form part of a 'log' of work done for use by the owner down the line at resale time.
Passat diesel pump recall - LeePower
The re call if its needed would be recorded on the computer system by VW.

You could always ask them nicely for written proof that the re call if its needed has been done to the car.