What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - sjh
My wifes Jazz does not feel quite as smooth as it once was. At first I thought it was my driving 'style' but now my daughter has noticed the same small 'interuption' in the running.
It can happen in any gear and seems to be a small hicup / miss / slip similar to that noticed when you put on the A/C.
Any ideas ?
Thks
SJH
Honda Jazz - Bill Payer
Hmm..how old is it?
Ours is Sept 53, and I've noticed a couple of things this winter (it's really my wife's car and I didn't drive it much last winter).
One is that there's a noise when the car is cold that sounds a bit like the exhaust is blowing - but I suspect this is something to do with an air intake flap that maybe only activates in cold weather? The noise goes away after a couple of miles.
Two is that the car does seem 'flat'. OK, performance isn't its strong point but it feels quite 'torquey' in normal driving - however if I need to floor it, there just nothing there. Maybe it's always been like that, and I've never noticed before?

Does the 'interuption' you get occur on a steady throttle?
Honda Jazz - sjh
Ours is 2002 - 02. Yes it happens on regular runnning and steady throttle.
Mid last year we had what I thought was a blowing exhaust (stared at about 35mph) & it turned out to be a wheel bearing at the rear. The first our dealers had heard of & so Honda paid for the part.
Honda Jazz - mikeswingler
ours is 2003 - 03, we have had this problem for 12 months. Honda say there is nothing wrong with it. It is worse when crawling in traffic. Also our exhaust has started to sound noisy.
Honda Jazz - grease monkey
sjh,there is a problem with the `EGR` valves on honda jazz`s which causes poor running,Honda have issued a technical service bulletin about this,ive replaced plenty of these at work under warranty,i suggest you get it into your dealer to be checked out !!
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it