What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Congratulations to Mark(Brazil) - Brian
On 6-11-01 I requested advice to remove the inside rear door panel of my BMW 518 M reg and Mark provide the correct answer. After taking my courage in my hands and wrestling with it as he suggested I got it off to find that a small cable connection from the handle to the lock had broken and it is only going to cost £1.28 to replace.
Thanks mate I was expecting to have to take out a second mortgage for a BMW main dealer to repair it.
Re: Congratulations to Mark(Brazil) - Mark (Brazil)
You are more than welcome.

Tell your friends about this website, and we'll both be happy !
Re: Congratulations to Mark(Brazil) - Brian
You mean they sell the component separately and you don't have to buy the whole door?
Never!
Seriously though, I get fed up with the failure of some under-designed little plastic clip, or something similar, requiring the replacement of a major component because the replacement bits are not sold separately.
Surely there is a case under the Sale of Goods Act for claiming that the original item was not suitable for its' intended purpose.
Re: Congratulations to Mark(Brazil) - ladas are cool
i see that we have two different brians on this website, this is going to be confusing.