What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car broker warning - Morgan Samage

I bought a new car through an online broker that had issues that were never fixed. I tried Section 75 to get my money back, but they have rejected it, stating the debtor-creditor-supplier chain was broken, making Section 75 protection invalid because I had bought the car through a car broker and not a dealership.

The credit card's argument is that I bought the car from the broker, but it was the dealership that supplied the car, so even though I paid the broker, he got the car from a dealership who in turn delivered the car to me. Because of this, they are refusing to pay up!

BE WARNED!

Car broker warning - Adampr

Your warranty should be from the manufacturer

Car broker warning - Big John

It depends on the Broker - eg with Drive the deal you pay the dealer direct for deposit and balance.

However why are you using section 75? Can't you reject the car in the usual way www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights - or get it fixed under warranty?

It is a long story, but basically I purchased it a few years ago and the car is now out of warranty.

The car has been to the garage on numerous occasions during the warranty period, but as the fault is intermittent they could not find/fix the issue.

I have supplied the manufacturer and the dealership with multiple video's showing the problem, but to be honest they didn't appear to be interested in doing anything, with each party passing the buck to the other.

Car broker warning - skidpan

It depends on the Broker - eg with Drive the deal you pay the dealer direct for deposit and balance.

I have bought 3 of our last 5 cars from carfile.net. The other 2 were bought locally (one was a pre-reg at a great price, the other a Euro 5 model (Euro 6 imminent) the dealer needed gone at a price no broker could get near).

Like Drive the Deal carfile do not take a penny from you. They simply introduce you to the dealer and you take it from there. You place an order, pay deposit and balance etc. just as you would if you walked into any dealer, no mention of broker being involved. Broker gets his %age from the dealer when the car has been delivered.

If the credit card company had told me I wouldn't have been covered then I would not have bought the car, but luckily for them, they have no record of the conversation.

So, just to add a bit of humour into my life, I decided to contact the credit card company and ask the same question again, and I got the same answer that I got last time, that I will definitely be covered. Honestly, you couldn't make this up!!!