What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Door won't open from outside - mhenderson

Had a recent problem with my 2017 Fiesta Titanium. My wife complained that she could not open the passenger door, but I could lean over and let her in. I couldn't get it to work properly, and the local agent seemed surprised, but didn't think it was connected to the electronics, where the ECU was replaced under warranty. I didn't want to pay for another one.

A local firm got it to work, after dismantling and reassembling the mechanism, though he didn't find the reason for the failure, but it failed again a few weeks later. The same man found what caused this intermittent fault. A plastic component of the mechanism had cracked and distorted. They obtained a new part, and the supplier said they sold quite a few of them, and that it was a known fault. Ford on Twitter, say they are unaware, like the agent. Perhaps it's case of 'well they would say that, wouldn't they ?'

The car runs so well, but I am losing confidence in it. At least the cover for the fuses has not fallen off lately, thanks to Blu-Tack.

Wonder if anyone else has experienced this ?

Ford Fiesta - Door won't open from outside - Andrew-T

The car runs so well, but I am losing confidence in it. At least the cover for the fuses has not fallen off lately, thanks to Blu-Tack.

Rather than Blu-Tack I would recommend the double-sided adhesive tape available from B&Q (and likely elsewhere) in three grades of tackiness. It seems to be long-term waterproof and I have used it for all sorts of jobs like the one you mention. I use the tackiest grade, and the only problem is starting to peel the backing before application. It sticks like the proverbial ....