What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Omega False Alarm - JohnGD
I have a n S Reg Omega 2.5 V6 CDX with about 65k on the clock.
After a hard Friday's work it is parked and left alone.

Then - at about 2pm the next day (give or take an hour) when the sun hits it the alarm triggers. If reset it triggers again after a while. Disabling the internal sensors makes no difference. Same happens any day when the sun comes round.

Obviously something to do with the temperature as it doesn't go off on cool days!

Not a great problem as I can leave it unlocked for the afternoon when at home. Any ideas anyone?

JohnGD
Sunny Suffolk
Omega False Alarm - Altea Ego
If you have disabled the sensors inside I would hazzard its one of the switches. Favourite would be bonnet. The sun is heating up the metal, its moving and bingo. Next best guess would be the boot lid.
Omega False Alarm - carlos
possible micro fracture in heated rear window,used for pane break circuit on alarm system.
try using hot water on rear window to set alarm off,(not boiling water}
this should pinpoint the fault.
Omega False Alarm - bafta
John, I have no idea but I know of an expert who lives in Kesgrave. He works from home and was recommended to me by a friend in the trade. If you don't manage to sort it he probably can. I'll give you his name and address if this problem persists.
Omega False Alarm - JohnGD
Thank you everyone.

Problem seems to be with the bonnet switch. It has no adjustment so I have disconnected it and have not had an alarm this weekend.

The switch works so I may glue a small piece of 1/4inch perspex on to the point it touches the bonnet to give a little extra throw.

Thanks again