What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Please help. Mondeo titanium X or Cc GT - pezmaz

I have had a test drive in a 13 titanium X business edition and a 13 cc gt 177. Both manual and similar miles. I narrowed my choice down to these two and expected to be able to choose. Trouble is that they both seem to drive nicely albeit at speeds only up to 50. I do 250 miles a week roughly on mainly a roads and motorway. I don't trust mpg claims but it seems that several have been disappointed with the Ford 2.0tdci 163.

II would appreciate any sensible advice especially from owners.

Thanks all

Please help. Mondeo titanium X or Cc GT - Avant

Do you mean the VW Passat CC? If so, bear in mind that an ordinary Passat saloon or estate of the same age might be cheaper, and a Mondeo cheaper still.

Otherwise, not a great deal to choose between tham, although the Passat might be a bit more economical.

Please help. Mondeo titanium X or Cc GT - Happy Blue!

The CC will be a lot smaller insdie than the Mondeo. If you need the space then the Mondeo is the one. If you don't, then you have a choice.

Please help. Mondeo titanium X or Cc GT - pezmaz

its a vw ccgt. Sorry.

It's nicer to be in than the mondeo I must admit, but by the time I buy in about 3 months there will be even more mondeos to choose from. The consumption isn't ultra important but if, like some say, the mondeo is hard to get 40+/gallon it may put me off.

Please help. Mondeo titanium X or Cc GT - Graham567

I get 38mpg on short runs around town and 54mpg on the motorway.Mines the 2.0 TDCI Titanium X 140.

The Mondeo will have far more toys on it than the VW.Mine has cornering lights,heated seats,Sony stereo with bluetooth and voice control,Self dimming rear view mirror,climate control,cruise control,auto wipers,auto lights,front and rear parking sensors to name but a few.It also has a proper handbrake.It is quiet,refined,powerful and smooth riding.Its now 6 years old and has been a pleasure to own.No problems and the DPF has regenerated fine for the past 6 years even though most of my journeys are round town.The boot is huge and i am 6 foot 4" and i can sit in the back seat after adjusting the front to suit me.

After all the problems that VW are having i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.Buy the Mondeo,you won't regret it.

Please help. Mondeo titanium X or Cc GT - rtj70

How long a test drive did you have in the VW CC? I had the Passat CC GT 170PS diesel for three years. It was very comfortable. The seats were great (I'd upgraded to the climate seats but the standard nappa ones are nice enough). And then there's the adaptive dampers - I used to have mine set to sport but it still smoothed out the bumps.

I cannot comment on the Mondeo as I've not driven a recent one but the inside of the CC is nicer to me.

But the new Passat is nicer still.

Coupe roofline might restrict some getting in the back of the CC. I never had a problem. I never had a problem with the windows freezing up in winter either - they are frameless with the windows having to drop about 10mm before they can open.

Happy to answer questions if I can. Mine was the last of the Passat CC before it became the CC after a facelift so was on a 61 plate and had the older 170PS diesel engine.