What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka 2001 with Endura engine - Ford Ka running rough - Devilka

Hi,

I have a problematic Ka. It starts fine and idles perfectly but once throttle opened it stutters and doesn't fire on all cylinders (both when stationary and under load on the road). When throttle returns to idle engine almost stalls and then after a few seconds it settles back to a good idle. If I open the throttle wide open (car stationary) engine will rev as you would expect. Again, when I back off throttle engine almost stalls then settles back to idle. I have done numerous tests to try and isolate the problem. Have replaced coilpack, new HT leads, tested injectors (perfect), tried a different idle control valve, throttle body, O2 sensor, throttle position sensor. Even tried a second-hand ECU. Even after all this there has been no change. Clearly I haven't nailed it. Someone suggested I may have a faulty crankshaft position sensor?? I hope someone out there may have experienced similar symptoms and most importantly has a solution to my issue. Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers