What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
none - a very strange road indeed - bananastand

NOW THEN, been a while since I bothered you. Riddle me this! Tulketh Street in Southport, Merseyside, is pedestrianised at one end. It also has one of those rising bollard things. At the entrance to the pedestrianised bit there is a complex sign that reads, from the top:

PEDESTRIAN ZONE

then there is a red circle with nothing in it, then

NO VEHICLES

Except for loading

No waiting at any time

No access for blue badge holders or taxis

Seems fairly comprehensive, what? However within this zone M&S have their collect by car bay. So maybe you'd think they bend the rules for that? Well, yes. BUT, er, someone who isn't me (SWIM) regularly parks his car in a fairly random way in the middle of the zone about four times a week. He's happy to leave it and go shopping. He also reports that traffic wardens and police just walk past him without even a glance. SWIM can't figure it out. Is it the lack of double or single yellows? Ah well. Thought I'd share.

none - a very strange road indeed - daveyjp

To ticket any vehicles requires a Traffic Regulation Order to be in place. The signs may be a deterrent with no penalty.

I know of an area of a town local to me which has double yellow lines, but no TRO in place.