What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford galaxy 2.0ltr petrol - Steering rack - littleolliez

Hello i have a leak on the power steering rack its where the inner track rod end goes into the rack. I replaced the inner track rod arm and now its leaking i didnt have the right size spanner to do it up so used a set of stetsons. Is there a seal inside which i could have damaged or is it a new steering rack. Also are all the steering racks the same for the petrol models and diesel as if a new steering rack i cant find one for the petrol locally. The car is the 1997 model. Many thanks

Ford galaxy 2.0ltr petrol - Steering rack - focussed

Stetsons? That's a bit old hat isn't it?

Sorry-couldn't resist that!

If the stillson (stetson?) wrench that I think you used left its teeth marks on the rack that could have wrecked the seal when the rack is retracted into the housing.

All for the sake of going to a tool shop and buying/hiring the right size wrench-even a big adjusable would have been been better than stillsons.

Sorry can't help with the other question as I am allergic to Fords.

They usually bring me out in a financial rash.

Ford galaxy 2.0ltr petrol - Steering rack - dan86

I know this is the technical section and I can't help but I had to laugh at that.

Ford galaxy 2.0ltr petrol - Steering rack - jc2

I know this is the technical section and I can't help but I had to laugh at that.

The steering parts are VW actually.