What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - 12 Year Rust Guarantee? - diz79

Hi Everyone I am a new poster I have looked on the internet quite a bit with mixed ansewrs to my questions, I just wondered if anyone had had this problem or come accross it in some way and managed to get there car fixed.

Some stuff I found suggested you had to have all your stamps in order for them to honour this warranty, whilst others didnt seem to have to.

Basically I have rust under both of my wing mirrors on the www.ist-track.com%2FProcessClick.ashx%3Fcompany**%3D367bf4f0-ace5-47bc-a6aa-33e8f78b6f2f%26itemId%3Dxpaiipxwa%26bid%3Dtzxm%26overrideDestinationUrl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.qksrv.net%252Fclick-5532588-11475431%253FSID%2...4" target="_blank">car door and a small amount on the bonnet.

I own a Ford Focus 2002 and the 12 years will be up in the next few months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Avant on 28/01/2014 at 23:19

Ford Focus - 12 Year Rust Garuntee? - oldtoffee

The link didn't work for me but I doubt you'll get anywhere with Ford on this. The 12 year warranty is probably anti-perforation as it is with most manufacturers. You'll have to prove your mirrors are rusting from the inside and surely they're plastic housings? Its probabaly some metal component inside that is rusting and its coming through and they'll say you've used a power wash and it has forced water in.

Ford will expect to see that the car did have its annual inspections at a Ford dealer and they should have stamped the book accordingly. If they didn't but you have the service history fully Ford main dealer stamped then you could argue that when the car was being serviced the checks should have been carried out. Without any of this you're at the mercy of the goodwill of their customer services operation. Breath your hold don't.

Ford Focus - 12 Year Rust Garuntee? - thunderbird

No annual inspections with Ford but like all manufacturers its only a gaurantee against perforation or rusting from the inside.

Ford Focus - 12 Year Rust Garuntee? - diz79

Thanks for responses everyone.

Its definitely says 12 years onm warranty but I dont have the stamps, ive seen on old posts on the internet that people have manged to get it without stamps? Does anyone know if this is possible?

I rang one ford dealer they told me to take in and see what the body shop says. I imagine they will palm me away as dont have stamps I take it theres no proven way to ensure they will do it?

Ford Focus - 12 Year Rust Garuntee? - mss1tw

It's a Ford - 12 year rust is indeed guaranteed :D

Ford Focus - 12 Year Rust Guarantee? - diz79

(Duplicate post)

Edited by Avant on 29/01/2014 at 22:49