What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford mondeo 97 - Ford Mondeo 97 central locking problems - Stormblast

Hi everybody!

I 'll try to describe my situation to give a better picture of what is going on, so you can hopefuly help me with a good advice,

I bought a ford mondeo from 97 for couple of month ago, where the driver door lock cylinder did not work ( i could/can not lock or unlock the car with it, just worn out). The only option was to lock and unlock the car from the passenger door. But when it got cold ( below 0 degree) central locking would not unlock all the doors, only passenger door. so i had to crawl to the driver door and unlock it from inside ( the rest of the doors still would not open) . when it gets warmer in the car it unlocks the doors, and the whole thing works perfecly until it gets colder again.

i installed Cobra Remote Central locking with a hope to avoid crawling in and out every morning. It helped but...... When i push the button on the remote, it unlocks and shortly after locks again. So I have to manage to open when driver door before it locks.

What can be a problem and how can it be fixed ?

Thanx

Ford mondeo 97 - Ford Mondeo 97 central locking problems - elekie&a/c doctor

In order for an add on remote locking system to work,the original cdl must operate correctly.I suspect that one or both of the front door locking actuators is faulty.Very common problem on these.hth