Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - Car3
I looked at a car today and the previous owner is Blue Chip Leasing. Does anyone know about them? The vehicle has done a fair few miles (60k) and has a tow bracket, which seems unusual for a 2WD. The dealer says they'll be motorway miles as Blue Chip lease cars to businesses.

Anything to be concerned about here?

It is missing a service or two. The vehicle is from 2020 and only had one service in 2021 and one a few weeks ago that the dealership did.
Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - skidpan

has a tow bracket, which seems unusual for a 2WD

Look around, most cars out there towing are 2WD. When I was towing the race car transporter never had a 4WD, quite happily managed with Golf and a Mondeo.

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - RT

has a tow bracket, which seems unusual for a 2WD

Look around, most cars out there towing are 2WD. When I was towing the race car transporter never had a 4WD, quite happily managed with Golf and a Mondeo.

And most 4wd cars are soft-roaders which are front-wheel drive with rear drive on demand - in practice the rear drive is only engaged once in a blue moon.

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - badbusdriver

The missing service/s would be a deal breaker for me, especially with the higher than average miles.

But as others have pointed out, there is nothing at all unusual about a 2wd car having a towbar

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - _

60.000 miles in 3 years is ok for a business user.

But look for blue chip leasing and they are all old cars, if the same company.

If you are thinking of the car you can ask to see the V%c and call the lease company to check the mileage. BUT.

Blue chip claim their cars are fully maintained.

????

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - RT

Some, perhaps many, lease cars simply don't have paperwork to show servicing - a number of brands hold the record electronically both within the car and at the brand's UK HQ - if the OP is genuinely interested in the car, check with the maker's HQ customer services.

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - HGV ~ P Valentine

Easy to check with the gov free mot history checker, but it is not unknown for companies to "use" mechanics in the trade to get an mot, I am not saying this is the case only that it happens.

Check the MOT history of a vehicle - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - Car3
Thanks everyone. Good tips
Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - daveyK_UK
It also depends on the make, model snd engine choice.
Some manufacturers recommend 2 year service intervals, especially on commercial vehicles.
Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - Bromptonaut

As others say, the service history needs following up.

Most people towing a touring caravan do so in an ordinary car (inc MPV/SUV styles). Current for us is 2013 Berllingo, which with an ordinary 1300kg nominal 4 berth is absolutely fine. A few people with f. off massive twin axle 'vans tow with a full fat 4*4 but they're a minority.

If you're thinking of pulling a horsebox then of course YMMV...

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - Miniman777

Based on 20k miles per year and one service in 2021, that suggests 35-40000 miles with not even an oil change.

I'd walk away.

It is just another firm that leases out cars, they may or may not be any good, using the name blue chip is a marketing play on words to make themselves sound better then the competition such as Enterprise, first vehicle leasing etc etc etc

Blue Chip Leasing. What is it? - Brit_in_Germany

Leasing out to businesses includes leasing to hire car firms (although that may not be a bad thing).