What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dacia Sandero - Gov.uk wont let me pay car tax now - eem2am

Hi,

I got an email from the .gov.uk site saying they have signed me up on a direct debit to pay car tax. They say they will take the first installment on 18th April 2023.

The thing is, my car tax ran out on 1st april 2023. I have been trying to pay it...but it wont let me just pay it like i used to....now it forces me to take out a direct debit...and when i go to do this...it says the first installment is due on 18th april (again).

So obviosly theres no point doing that because thats the plan i am already on....but why, when i go to the .gov.uk site does it say my car is untaxed as of 1st april 2023?

Dacia Sandero - Gov.uk wont let me pay car tax now - _

Phone up early monday morning with the V5c and the numbers on it at the top.

start dialing at 7.59 and should get through. explain .. have your insurance certificate to hand.

make sure it is showing as insured on ASKMID

ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Dacia Sandero - Gov.uk wont let me pay car tax now - Big John

Are you short of MOT or Insurance? On my fleet for some reason the first month direct debit is always later that month - I pay monthly with auto renewal. It will not renew if MOT isn't valid for the month the tax is due or if you are not insured.

My son's car's MOT is due on the same month as his tax renewal and he get's messages beforehand if MOT is performed late in the previous month.

Edited by Big John on 01/04/2023 at 23:40