What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dacia Dual Fuel Prices - retgwte

I see Dacia have dropped the price of their dual fuel (petrol & LPG) cars to exactly the same as their petrol only equivalents.

So presumably the customers are not prepared to pay a premium (as they did for diesel when they had diesel models across the range)

No space for a spare wheel with the LPG tank though kinda spoils the whole proposition too.

Wonder what this says about things?

Dacia Dual Fuel Prices - focussed

I guess it says what is the point in having an lpg converted small car?

It works on a big gas guzzler to get it converted and cut the fuel bills, but marginal on a small car.

Dacia Dual Fuel Prices - edlithgow

But if its FREE, why wouldn't you want that marginal advantage (assuming you can live without the spare or find alternative stowage arrangements)?.

I'd wonder if they are discontinuing this capability in the UK and this is them disposing of remaining stock, (though I suppose production might be maintained by demand in Eastern European markets)

Dacia Dual Fuel Prices - daveyjp

Mileage covered is more important than size of the car. Paying 60-70p a litre is preferable to £1.35 if you are doing the miles.

Last taxi I used was an LPG Honda Civic auto. Driver far preferred it over the diesels he had previously.

Dacia Dual Fuel Prices - daveyK_UK
Can order Duel Fuel version on new facelift Duster, well worth choosing.

Also the duel fuel version is cheaper on a PCP than the petrol due to better residuals.

Dacia Dual Fuel Prices - Brit_in_Germany

Maybe the lower CO2 value is sufficient to lower the emission based penalty for Dacia.

Edited by Brit_in_Germany on 16/08/2021 at 18:26

Dacia Dual Fuel Prices - Falkirk Bairn

Tendency for some chains of filling stations to omit gas when they re-furb the forecourt - petrol, diesel & fast charge points!