What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi A4 3.0Tdi v6 s-tronic auto quattro jul-2012 - Audi A4 auto idling at only 590rpm - Davidfrance

Once my car is warmed it, it idles at only 590rpm and feels pretty rough when I'm sitting in traffic or even manoevring to get into a parking space. When the engine is cool it idles perfectly at between 750-800rpm. Car has about 42K miles on the clock.

I've been back to the garage several times and even Audi France took control of the calculator 'at distance' but have so far been unable to improve things. They apparently had trouble getting into the calculator for some reason.

The garage even told me "there is no solution" but I don't believe that and I'm concerned that I am somehow damaging the car by using it like this.

Any ideas what it could be ? Would changing the calculator do it or is it more likely a sensor somewhere malfunctioning ?

Audi A4 3.0Tdi v6 s-tronic auto quattro jul-2012 - Audi A4 auto idling at only 590rpm - Peter D

Post on VwAudi.co.uk in the correct section. Regards Peter

Audi A4 3.0Tdi v6 s-tronic auto quattro jul-2012 - Audi A4 auto idling at only 590rpm - Davidfrance

Hi Peter, I'm quite new to your web site and I don't understand your remark - pls could you explain ? Thanks

Audi A4 3.0Tdi v6 s-tronic auto quattro jul-2012 - Audi A4 auto idling at only 590rpm - Peter D

Goto WWW.VWAudi.co.uk and post in the apppropiate Forum. Regards Peter

Audi A4 3.0Tdi v6 s-tronic auto quattro jul-2012 - Audi A4 auto idling at only 590rpm - elekie&a/c doctor

I have been out in one of these today, in a friend's car.Idle warm is around 600rpm, with no noticeable excess vibration.Perhaps there is problem with the electronic engine mounts,have these been checked?