What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Can any car mechanics answer this please? - graham123
1. In your opinion, how many millimetres (mm) above the maximum mark on the dipstick of a Ford Focus 1.6 ti vct (petrol) engine would the engine oil have to be to cause frothing of the oil by the spinning crankshaft and also a noticeable affect on engine performance especially on hills? How many millilitres (ml) of oil over would it be? 2. I spoke to a Ford technician and he said that to cause frothing the oil would have to be a few inches over maximum. Can any mechanics answer please?
Ford Focus - Can any car mechanics answer this please? - thunderbird

The simple answer is the max the oil level should be is the max level on the dipstick, that what it is there for. Whilst I accept that a few milimeters will do no damage its a bone idle mechanic who cannot fill the engine to the correct level.

But are you checking the oil correctly? Different makes have different methods. On some its a cold engine after an overnight wait, on others it a hot engine after standing 5 or 10 minutes. The difference can be quite noticable.

But if its been checked correctly and its overfilled get them to drain some.

Ford Focus - Can any car mechanics answer this please? - elekie&a/c doctor

Oh no,not again???!!!!

Ford Focus - Can any car mechanics answer this please? - John F

Oh no,not again???!!!!

I'm sure all those who have ever taught would agree that even questions from the most stupid/attention-seeking person in the class should be addressed. Sometimes they turn out to be QI!

Ford Focus - Can any car mechanics answer this please? - John F
1. In your opinion, how many millimetres (mm) above the maximum mark on the dipstick of a Ford Focus 1.6 ti vct (petrol) engine would the engine oil have to be to cause frothing of the oil by the spinning crankshaft and also a noticeable affect on engine performance especially on hills? How many millilitres (ml) of oil over would it be? 2. I . Can any mechanics answer please?

No idea, but why don't you try and see by adding 500mls at a time until you see foam, or until you hear a funny noise or smell a funny smell. the report back. All research is informative, and occasionally helpful. Here's a helpful link.

cyrilhuzeblog.com/2012/05/10/engine-oil-question-i.../