What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta 14 zetec 2003 - engine management light - tigasummers

my engine management light seems to come on when the car is under load or when the car is on the moterway doing 70mph it is the second time it as come on when the car is on the moterway doing 70mph it dosent seem to show any fault when they plug the car in the car does seem to ping when it is cold but it stops ping when the car as warmed up does any one have any idea why the engine management would come on when the car is doing 70mph or under load please could any one help please

Ford Fiesta 14 zetec 2003 - engine management light - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Ford Fiesta 14 zetec 2003 - engine management light - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Here's a suggestion... It may not work, just a suggestion..

Get your own code-reader (about 45 quid from a car-parts shop). Plug it in and find a technicaly competent friend to sit in the passenger seat and watch it whilst you go for a drive. After all, it'll cost you an hour's labour to find a garage mechanic who's willing to do that. It may show up something..... But first and always, look under the bonnet and just check that everything is as it should be. Is the air filter clean, for instance? Little things can upset the miriad of sensors in a modern car.

The thing that bugs me here is.. if the engine management light comes in, there should be a fault code! And if the engine management light goes out again, the fault code should remain stored and readable! I find it extraordinary that the light has been on, but the garage says that no codes have been stored. Some contributors to this board are quite knowledgeable about modern car electronics.. perhaps someone can explain this?