What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mondeo 2ltr, 130, tdci, 56-plate - Gear Changing Problems - stu111

Hi All,

Very unusual problem just occured today after having a new alternator belt (auxuliary belt) fitted to my 2ltr, 130, tdci, 56-plate Mondeo.

The mechanic at the garage was doing my job as the first one he`d done on this car. He jacked up the engine to do it and removed the engine mounting driver`s side...he jacked up the engine quite a bit on the driver`s side.

Eventually got the belt on and everything re-fitted.

Drove home the 8 miles with no gearchanging problems and stoped in at shopes 500yds from my house. As I was pulling in at kerbside at shops and trying to change gears, it was sticky and i had to be a bit forceful.

By the time I came out of shops and tried to drive away, the problem was getting really bad and it was getting very hard to select a gear.

Pulled in at my gate and couldn`t change gears unless i`d switched off engine, then absolutely no problem with clutch pedel down,..let pedal up and car took off in first as normal, but could change out of this gear.

Turned engine off again and down with cluth pedal and any gear was available.

Started up in first gear, but now the car was beginning to creep forward even with the clutch pedal fully down and clutch supposedly disengaged .

Any ideas as to the problem???

Could a fluid line have been snapped or partly broken with what he did in jacking the engine as the problem came on gradualy??

Need my car for work so any help GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Stuart