What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Transit Connect - Bi-fuel petrol,lpg - MSLandscapes

Hi all.

I need some advice.

Im looking to purchase a van for my small business and a ford connect is what im thinking of getting. I have come across a 53 reg 103k miles Connect with bi-fuel petrol and lpg at £2,795. Im liking the idea of it being lpg due to it being alot cheaper.

The thing is i know nothing about lpg or bi-fuel vehicles. So i could do with some advice.

Thanks

Ford Transit Connect - Bi-fuel petrol,lpg - gordonbennet

Well, i as some others had my car converted to LPG, my only regret is that i didn't do it years earlier.

Indeed now after nearly 30 years of almost constant Diesel ownership, often one out of two cars being Diesel, our one last remaining Diesel is going to be replaced by another petrol, which if it isn't already converted will after a few weeks to confirm condition go in for conversion.

Basically the vehicle continues being a normal petrol engine and always starts on petrol, then once up to a pre set temp will switch over to gas, there will be a gas tank somewhere, might be slung underneath on a van or inside the boot/body.

Worth running the vehicle from cold to ensure it switches over correctly, and to check it runs OK on the propane.

bit of reading for you...www.lpgforum.co.uk/

this second site is very slow loading but worth the wait, user submitted prices so only as up to date as the last report, very handy for finding independent filling stations, i prefer those and not just for cost..www.filllpg.co.uk/index.php?page=lpg.php