Nissan Primera - Looking to buy - boristheblade

Looking to buy a Nissan Primera 1.8 Petrol

2002 to 2006 year

Is there anything I should look for in the the way of expected trouble mechanical issues.

I have read up on this car including this site and the car fairs quite well .

Looks are not an issue hence the Nissan but looking on the side of Durability and running costs etc .

is this model worth a Punt got about £2000 which includes Focus C-max 1.8 in PX

Nissan Primera - Looking to buy - Oli rag

I have a 2005 tino with the same mechanicals. I did a lot of research before I bought it and the only weakness seems to be an uncommon timing chain problem.

From what I've read and my own experience, the timing chain will be fine with regular oil changes.

Nothing else to report with this engine.

I get 37 to 38 mpg and it's very easy to diy service.

Nissan Primera - Looking to buy - 72 dudes

Pretty reliable, although never sold well, so some bargains around.

Don't know where you are in the country but Hawkes in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk have an outstanding one up for sale. (Search on Autotrader)

Nissan Primera - Looking to buy - Bobbin Threadbare

I looked at these when I bought my Mazda 6. I thought they were dull but very solid, and they pull like a train!

Nissan Primera - Looking to buy - Collos25

I would suggest the 1.8 petrol the 2.0 is problamatic and cost much more in road tax the only ones worth money are estates with sat nav and sun roof which are SVEs or overspec SEs.That does not mean to say the S is not worth buying just do not pay a lot of money the cars themselves are pretty bullit proof and very well built.

Nissan Primera - Looking to buy - boristheblade

I live in the South East (kent) cars here tend to be more expensive than anywhere else .

Just by using Autotrader and extending the distance to travel there is a difference in price .

Looks like i am going to have to look further than 30 miles to find one in budget.

Nissan Primera - Looking to buy - TeeCee

About the only fault those are known for is crank sensor failure on earlier models. I had the pleasure of being in one that produced a sudden, deafening silence at <COUGH> mph on the A1(M).

IIRC there was a recall, so check whether it's affected and that it was done. Then again, it'd probably have gone by now if it were going to......