What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Ford Focus Paintwork - geoffs

The paint on the roof of my 2009 Ford Focus seems to have developed a case of paint acne. Some of the paint has flaked off/melted and exposed the primer underneath.

I have contacted Ford Customer Relations and am waiting for their reply. Has anyone else had this ?

The colour is Avalon Blue whic is a metallic. The local ford garage thinks it might be bird muck or tree sap but I usually clean the car most weeks by hand and it is the first time I have noticed this. An independant body shop thinks it is a QC problem with the original paintwork.

Any help much appreciated

Ford Focus - Ford Focus Paintwork - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus Paintwork - skidpan

Was the car new when you bought it, if it was used there is a good change it has been badly repaired, if that is the case you will need to find who did the wwork and take it up with them.

Ford paint is covered for 3 years but excludes bird damage. You need to clean any off immediately. I place wet kitchen roll on it and it wipes off with no damage after a few minutes.