What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
HONDA CRV - MOTORPOINT - BobbyGW

I'm considering buying a new Honda CRV from Motorpoint. Has anyone experienced buying new from them. Advice please

HONDA CRV - MOTORPOINT - oldroverboy

considering buying a new Honda CRV from Motorpoint. Has anyone experienced buying new from them. Advice..

Well, be aware that those particular cars are imports, I think HJ replied to someone in his daily telegraph column very recently,(they are the outgoing model)(think Hj said Irish) check the warranty and how long it is(some eu/irish are shorter) as it starts from the date of registration in the uk, and you may well not be the first owner. Be aware that the saleman will try to sell you their finance and their gap insurance and the documentation cum admin fee, and i doubt if the car would be valeted unless you pay, and check out online "motorpoint aftersales service" via google. Go into it with an open mind and if the figures add up think about it, and please please take into account that the CRV is not known for its fuel economy, read the crv forums too. I am not saying no, but reading about someone who bought an irish spec chevrolet captiva from one of the supersite supermarkets and had a disagreable surprise when she found out that the car was older than she thought and that chevrolet would not honour the warranty,

Also consider your finance costs on a rapidly depreciating asset!

Again , think of all the pluses and minuses, add in insurance, you must tell them it is an import, and this will reflect come resale time, and don't forget (finally) servicing costs.

Personal experience of them was ok but their valuation of my car was "low" so didn't do the deal about 3 years back.

Edited by OldRoverboy on 20/08/2012 at 22:32

HONDA CRV - MOTORPOINT - mum2atoddler

I can't comment on Motorpoint as i have no experience of them, however i own a CRV 2.2 diesel and have no issues with fuel economy. I'm averaging between 45-56 MPG, which for the size of vehicle isn't bad In my opinion?. I'm aware the computer isn't bang on but it's cheaper to run than my last generation 1.6 petrol Astra that's for sure!.

HONDA CRV - MOTORPOINT - Falkirk Bairn

Bought a Cypriot X-trail 4 yrs 11 mths ago. Perfect car - wiper blades and a bulb + Servicing at Nissan sites.

3 franchised sites used Parks Ok, AC put wrong oil in & SDM Falkirk for the last 3 - SDM are excellent at service - job well done and competitive price.

Bought an Irish CRV and will get it at the beginning of Sept.

Warranty from Irish cars is 3 yrs/60K rather than 3 yrs /90K

Cars are nigh on identical - Swindon.

UK Honda dealer cars come with Int Free credit (I am paying cash) but if you want HP 0% is excellent. 5years for £500 servicing..........prices vary between franchised dealers.

HOWEVER

MP were a lot cheaper..........limited range and colours though

HONDA CRV - MOTORPOINT - brettmick
Both my father in law and I have bought a car from Motorpoint, both good experiences. For mine the car (Kia Ceed) was better prepared than a nearly new Saab I bought from a main dealer (numerous niggles and dinner covered passenger seat) and mechanically superior than a used Toyota I bought from a main dealer (wheel bearing gone which I told them about on test drive). No pressure to take finance ( I paid "cash") and the part ex price I got was the best from a couple of options (who then got a speeding ticket two weeks later...!). I also didn't buy a car from them two years earlier as the car wasn't great despite being just a car old and their finance was expensive, so with Honda doing 0% finance it might not be a bad idea to visit your local main dealer.

Edited by brettmick on 20/08/2012 at 23:07

HONDA CRV - MOTORPOINT - thunderbird

Bought car from Motorpoint, never had a problem. Yes it was an import and it came with a German service book and yes it did only have a 2 year warranty BUT it was a propper 2 years manufacturers not 1 year manufacturers and a joke 2 year dealers like UK cars. When it went for first service dealer replaced service book with UK one. Never had to claim under warranty. kept it 6 years and dealers were not in the least bit bothered it was an import (only appeared relieved it was not a Renault) but sold it privately for good money.

Saved approx £3000 over deal being offered by local dealer on identical car and got it in 2 weeks not 4 months.

Would use again if they had what I was looking for.

Edited by thunderbird on 21/08/2012 at 08:47