What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Ghia 2.0i on a Year 2000 Plate - Need opinions on a Ford Focus Ghia 2 Litre - WayneHarris

Hi Chaps

my mates selling a 2 litre Ghia Silver Ford Focus with 80,000 on the clock, been well maintained, great body work for a 12 year old car, no rust, nice inside, non smoker
not sure what the spec on the Ghia is ?

any good? i have never owned one and would like to hear about the negatives and positives
i haven't test drove it yet, he wants £1150 for it

gotta be better on petrol than my 1998 2.5 V6 Omega Estate

Ford Focus Ghia 2.0i on a Year 2000 Plate - Need opinions on a Ford Focus Ghia 2 Litre - Avant

Have a look on Autotrader and see what Focuses of similar age, specification etc are going for. It wold need to be in very good condition, and sith some service history, to be worth more than £1000.

Test drive it and you might find it all right. If it doers look good, he is hoping for £1000 so you could offer £900 and meet him in the middle.

Ghia was at that time the top of the range, but a lot of it was cosmetic and some things were still. But on a 12-year-old car a sound base model would be better than a clapped-out Ghia; don't use specification as a criterion at this end of the market.

Ford Focus Ghia 2.0i on a Year 2000 Plate - Need opinions on a Ford Focus Ghia 2 Litre - Big John
With cars that age/price it's all about condition. It can be worth paying more for a good one as repair bills can way outstrip any savings. Don't forget this is a 12 year old car - many that age are hitting the scrap yards now - It only takes an MOT repair to finish them off (e.g. If the catalyst fails on a Focus it's an expensive repair as sometimes it's part of the exhaust manifold).

However in my opinion the 2.0 petrol of that era was one of best Ford engines.

A few years ago my sister paid well over the top for an old but excellent condition W reg 2.0 Mondeo. Quite a few years later it's still going strong an she has had very few bills (just brake pads/disks & couple of suspension bushes) - Overall - a bargin!