What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Avensis v Civic - DriverinSurrey

OK a Huge thanks to everyone for their help with their opinions with reference to my other posts ! I have found two cars that I have to make a decision on and was wondering yet again if anyone can help . Just to repeat that its for a 300mile round trip with my 4 children in the summer.

first is 2000/X Honda Civic 1.6 Aerodeck Vtec SE Estate car ( is a CATC) and the other is 2000/X Toyota Avensis 1.8 SE WT iGS

Avensis v Civic - Collos25

They are to old to make a decision car to car it all depends on the condition of either one. they have to cheap at that age and the cat c should be very very cheap.

Condition of tyres ,brake discs,exhaust are there any oil or water leaks ,do they burn oil these are more important than the make.

Avensis v Civic - hallington

I'd be looking at how many owners they have both had, if they've only had say 2, they've hopefully been good cars for the previous owners and just been traded to trade up. more than 3-4 owners would worry me. plus what's the mileage, if one has a much higher mileage that's something to think about. what about service history, does either have any, as you need to know if the cam belt has been done? what length of mot and basically looking under the bonnet. Tyre tread? Have you test driven either? are they both from the same dealer, do they have a good rep?

Avensis v Civic - skidpan

Regardless of what you end up buying get a good breakdown policy. You may need it with an older car.