What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1.6 TDI 5 door, 2011 Titanium - Ford Focus Alarm - Stevepil
Hi

Hope you can help, its a strange question around car alarm on above car!

I am planning to leave my car at home or at airport car park (TBC) for a few weeks when I go on holiday.

I am really worried about my car and security around it, but main concern is the alarm and will explain why!

If I set the alarm and double lock (keyless entry so press twice) if the alarm was to go off:

1) How many times will it keep going off until car is unlocked or alarm turned off
2) Does it just stop at some point and if so what happens to car, does it stay locked, immobilsied etc?

The reason I ask, is I had a VW Passat before and this happened, the alarm went off 3 times and when I got home I couldnt start the car as the engine had immboilised, I had to get garage to fix. I was told it was due to the alarm going off and it not being stopped.

I think its a great safety idea but my worry is if my alarm is nudged and goes off what could happen to my car when I get home so I dont have any surpise. I appreciate alarm is working to deter thiefs and it could get worse as in return to no car, but it cost me a lot of money to get it fixed last time and just want to understand how it works on the focus and the best method.

I would think it would keep car locked and engine should turn again when get in car with key?

Thanks