What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
£260 for a fourth service on a Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Glenn 42
Is this too much as the garage I bought the car from , who sell Hyundais but also have a Ford service centre, stated that this is a major service where the brake fluid needs to be changed as well as normal service items? I do have a service plan, which will cover £ 185 of the cost, but is this too much for the service. However, the dealer does have a reputation for being honest and isn't one that creates work for themselves.
£260 for a fourth service on a Ford Fiesta 1.25 - RT

What sort of service plan has a cost ceiling which doesn't fully cover the schedule required for the vehicle in question ?

I pay in £ 18.50 a month and on my reckoning this should cover the bulk of the cost, but this is quite a big service according to the garage. Mind you I paid the same for a four year old Almera in 2009.
£260 for a fourth service on a Ford Fiesta 1.25 - RT

£18.50 per month is £222 per year, thats £888 over 4 years - but What Car reckons that the first 3 years servicing totals only £575 - which would leave £313 for the 4th year service.

You need to ask the dealer for a full and frank breakdown of your service plan and service costs.

Edited by RT on 11/06/2012 at 16:10

£260 for a fourth service on a Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Roly93

Ford dealers are desperate, they charged us £199 for an interim service in a 1.6 petrol Focus where stuff-all needs to be done really apart from an oil change. I had to beat them down to this price also.

This was only £50 cheaper than my diesel Audi service which makes that look reasonable !

i