What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Lost service book - thorney86

Hi,

I'm thinking of selling my much loved Focus in the next few weeks as I'm thinking of switching to a diesel for a better mpg. I had the car serviced last week and the garage said they were unable to find the service book. So i've rummaged around at home and found the manual, all receipts, V5 etc, so everything but the service book which I can only assume as been lost. I was wondering what the best way to obtain a replacement is?

Thanks

Ford Focus - Lost service book - Armitage Shanks {p}

If it has been serviced at a Ford Main Dealer then that dealer should have a record of the work, on computer. I do not know if any one dealer can access records if it has been serviced at other main dealers. However, you have the receiipts so you have contact details for the garage(s) which did the work. Might be a start.

Ford Focus - Lost service book - Chris M

How old is the car? If it's less than three years old it may make a difference, but much older and I would prefer to see receipts if I were buying.

Ford Focus - Lost service book - thorney86

It's a 2004 (54) car, so I have receipts detailing the work thats been done and when etc just not the stamps in the book, will it make that much difference?

Ford Focus - Lost service book - Chris M

In which case I wouldn't be bothered about the lack of a book. Invoices showing when the oil was changed tell a buyer what they need to know as well as important detail about such things as brake fluid changes, timing belt and other failures (or not). IMO much more useful.

Ford Focus - Lost service book - Fake Elvis
When i worked for a Ford garage we could only see the history of a car "within group" ie at one of our garages, just call them and they'll happily print out the history for you.