What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Ford problems - excalibus75

My Ford Mondeo is a 55 plate 2.0ltr Zetec TDCI, its only done 40500 (just under).

I have a problem on start up, it happen's only on the odd ocassion.

Its a chug,chug,chug startup.

Once driviving from Cambridge to Woking at 90ish (sorry), the car went into safety mode, Kicking down the the gas pedal she recovered.

Anyone know what the problem is, im on JSA, Truck driver ex ex computer engineer. Have several BTEC's in Engineering, so im not stupid.

Can not Afford a big fix, what is wrong?

Ford Mondeo - Ford problems - chiefengineer

Hi,

With my old 03 Giha I'd occasionally go into limp-mode (glow plug light would flash) and there were a couple of things that caused it. The Cam Chain Sensor failed, which meant that the ECU got incorrect data on the engine speed. When it finally failed the car wouln't start.

The other issue that I had was what felt like lack of power (no flashing glowplug light). I had a split in the turbo feed hose so it wasn't getting the pressure it needed. Eventually it caused the engine revs to be unstable with a serious lack of power.

Not sure if this will help.

Ford Mondeo - Ford problems - Collos25

cam sensor faulty EGR valve.

Ford Mondeo - Ford problems - injection doc

Faulty EGR valve would give you the symtoms on start up you discribe and loss of power at high speed.

really needs a diagnostic check fisrt to see whats flagged.