What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford fiesta 1999 zetec - engine overheating ford fiesta zetec 1999 - tom666

Heya all. I'm having a problem with my fiesta. if I drive with the heater on cold and the fans turn of my engine heat goes from just over the middle into the red. as soon as I put the fans on hot and turn them on full the engine heat goes back to normal in the middle.

any ideas sorry I'm not sure . thanks

ford fiesta 1999 zetec - engine overheating ford fiesta zetec 1999 - tom666

Heya, just an update.

the other day i had my heating on full heat, when driving all of a sudden it went very cold, i checked the engine heat and it was just under red, i stopped on the side of the road and checked the water in the coolant bottle was bubbling a lot.

It was on the max level maybe a little bit under in the coolant bottle.

i dont know anything about cars but i did have some bottled still water in the boot and put some in, a little over the max mark, the engine heat stayed in the middle, rising a little but not going up to the red.

ford fiesta 1999 zetec - engine overheating ford fiesta zetec 1999 - unthrottled

Sounds like you've got an air lock in there somewhere. Be careful. If it gets too hot too often, the h/g will go!

Jack up the front of the car as much as you can, and take the top off the expansion tank. Give the engione some revs, and with a bit of luck you can dislodge the air lock.

ford fiesta 1999 zetec - engine overheating ford fiesta zetec 1999 - Peter.N.

Could be that your head gasket is already leaking or that the thermostat is not fully opening.