What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford focus lx 1.6 petrol 51 reg 5 door. - mgnt light has come on and flashes when speed inc. - sharkster

Hi.

I have a ford focus 51 reg 1.6 zetec. It has about 127,000 miles on the clock and runs fine. I was on my way back from london last night and the engine management light came on just before I got to oxford services. When I stopped I noticed the engine was making a chugging sound and there was a definate loss of power. When I stopped the car and switched the egnition on the oil pressure light and battery light were on with the engine management light. I checked the oil level and it looked low so I put about 0.5 litres of oil in. I was able to continue my journey but travelled in 4th gear at about 40-45 mph. the car was doing about 2rpm. If I tried to go faster to 50 mph and movinbg into 5th gear the engine management light would start to flash until I slowed down to 40mph again. During all this the temperature remained fine at smack on halfway. It never moved during the whole journey. On the way to london I was doing about 80-85mph and the engine was just under 4,000 prm so all seemed normal. The journey was about 120 miles there and the same back. Any ideas what this is?

Regards

Richard