What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
nissan micra 2006 S - nissan micra power steering - Eli

The power steering went on my 18 year old daughters car a 2005 micra 2 weeks after she bought it 10 months ago. At a cost of £900 we had the power steering reconditioned and refitted. It lasted for 6 months, then just as she drove herself to her new Uni City 100 miles away it went again after she had to do a tight turn. It got fixed again for a nominal fee (£200) and lasted approximately 2 weeks. This time the diagnostics pointed to the motor which was fixed again at a reduced price. This lasted for 10 minutes after it was delivered back to us. There is patently nothing wrong with the Power Steering, but something else which is shorting it out or something else electronic. Could anyone out there please suggest what the actual problem might be and what might be replaced other than the actual power steering. So far we have spent over £1000 and still she is not happy to drive the car. It is quite tough on tight manouvring for an inexperienced driver.

Can any Nissan mechanics help us with this problem. It is becoming infuriating and expensive. Thanks for any help.

nissan micra 2006 S - nissan micra power steering - Avant

Moved to Technical.

There was a reply from a garage which I had to hide as we can't allow free advertising. But I'll E-mail you their website.