What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford Mondeo - Split pipe - Jeffo77
2003 TDCI Ford mondeo.I have a split pipe at the front of my engine but not sure wat it is called can anyone shed any light. Its the one that goes at the back of the radiator made of aliminium ( I think). It has i tiny split in causing smoke to bellow out wen running.Can you help me on wat its called and a rough price !!

Thanks
ford Mondeo - Split pipe - craig-pd130

It's one of your intercooler hoses, no idea of cost but shouldn't be too expensive. The hoses soften over time because of the heat and oil traces in them.

Does it go from the intercooler (the radiator made of aluminium) up to the top of the engine, or does it run underneath?

ford Mondeo - Split pipe - Jeffo77
Thanks was the intercooler pipe managed to get one for £5 from scrappy !!

I have a bigger problem now if anyone can shed some light or ideas on .

Some time ago someone put sand into my tank and cost me a set and injectors and pump.I have since emptied the tank 3 times pumped diesel through with red ex up through the filter once it ran clear i changed the pump and injectors again along with new filter i have gone to run it yesterday and the car starts first turn of the key but when it drives there is no power what so ever plus i have a knocking from the engine and black smoke the car has been stood for 3 months whiilst the jobs have been carried out anyone any ideas or help please !!