What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
All - Dark winter nights ..... - Ethan Edwards

and the one headlight brigade are already out in force.

Last night on my way home (A12) I pulled out in frot of a 60 plate 1 series BM and all he had on were two weedy little sidelights. Black car too. He was nearly invisible! Not too tragic as the 1 series is a bit fugly isn't it.

But please people go to Halfruds buy a £5 bulb and the nice man will even fit it for you..there is no excuse!

Don't make me deploy the sarcasm!

Here's a sample.....

You know your car reminds me of when england play football.

Why because it's full of stars?

No because like your car it has the usual p**s poor display up the front.

Beware I'm working on more of these..don't make me do it! Get it fixed before it's too late!

All - Dark winter nights ..... - gordonbennet

And whilst going to the Herculean effort of checking the front lights, take a packed lunch and yomp the miles to the back end and have a look at those too, or indeed reverse up to something fairly reflective and just run through your rear light sequences.

As an aside i think this is why rear lights on many new cars now feature at least two bulbs a side, more chance of having both sides lit when the car reaches it's third birthday and the first time it gets the lights inspected.....by the MOT tester.

All - Dark winter nights ..... - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

And mornings. Almost rammed by a dark grey vauxhall this morning on a roundabout, no lights and pretty invisible in the semi dark and spray.Then a dark blue Audi came tearing up behind me no lights and disappeared into the spray at well over the limit. 'Helpful' flashing from me and oncoming drivers prompted him to switch on the headlights.

Glad I have at least 21W DRL and rear lights as a default.

All - Dark winter nights ..... - barney100

Just as bad for me is the rear fog lights left on when its clear.

All - Dark winter nights ..... - Victorbox

"But please people go to Halfruds buy a £5 bulb and the nice man will even fit it for you..there is no excuse!"

Sadly a lot of modern cars require either three hands or multijointed slim fingers to fit a bulb or even worse the front bumper needs to come off. Not something you want Halfords attempting. Better try the main dealer who will have done it so many times they will know the tricks to fitting the bulb.